Friday, December 19, 2008

CHIT CHAT

Over the past few days, have learnt that Chat and Instant Messaging are 2 different methods of communication. I was introduced to chats in approx 2002 and was a frequent visitor in the yahoo rooms. As I got into it, started using MSN and Yahoo Messenger for private chats and its ability to keep a contacts list.

In my mind the 2 methods were one but with 2 available options of usage. Module 2 and
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup1.htm have made me realise my misunderstanding.

I have not used the chat medium for couple of years now, preferring to keep in touch using email or sms so it was time to get reacquainted.

Hope that the addiction does not start all over again as I am an extremely curious creature who tends to want to know "everything" and the compassionate side of my nature wants to listen to everyone .....

The tasks in Module 2 has consumed more time than originally expected. I am now wondering whether I can move forward or not as I have yet to find some others to chat to and then also focus on the Group Task.

On the webct discussion board, I have asked for some suggestions as to how we will do the Group Task... and on what day and date.

Module 2 appears to be all about exploration and it is up to me how involved I wish to get. It seems that one should try each method then see what works for them. On the discussion board in webct, a few interesting topics grabbed my attention.

One was "is it ok to use work internet access for social use" . At the end I decided that the answer to this is dependable on personal views,circumstances and individual traits...after all we were all born unique and liaison with life is based on unique "happenings".

Good Night

Ash

2 comments:

  1. Some interesting reflections here Ash...especially your take on the thorny subject of work and social networking. Keep asking about your chat. Don't need to have everyone involved. I'm peterflecther38 on Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seasons Greetings Ashna!!!

    Wow you've been busy - I love the layout and look of your page, and also how you've been able to add pictures of your work.

    I'm going to try that.

    So far I've frustratingly lost a lot of time due to computer problems but am hoping they are over now.

    Thanks for your very inspirational page :)

    ReplyDelete