Monday, December 8, 2008

FTP TASK

Started off with downloading the FileZilla as the FTP Client for my computer . Then had a read of http://www.uic.edu/depts/accc/network/ftp/introftp.html to give me a Quick Introduction To FTP.

Next step was to FTP to "recall.curtin.edu.au" and search for the file "README". Login was easy and quick but searching for the actual file took longer then desired. Just could not locate it easily.

A SCREEN SHOT OF THE FTP SOFTWARE IN OPERATION





Once found and downloaded, found the missing word to be "CAPITALISATION "



Overall, I would say that the exercise was easy except that locating the required file took some time and in the process caused me such frustration that I had to get up and actually go for a small break. The discussion board was also visited but only found a listing from someone else having the same issues but no solution.


Well now I "feel pretty good"..... and satisfied with the final outcome. Tomorrow promises to be a better day .


Cheers


Ash

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashna,

    Wow you're working fast!!!

    I'm just happy to have actually posted onto my blog page :)

    I learnt a bit on your page too - I also have windows vista, and it has caused quite a bit of angst since I bought my computer (complete with vista - no choice) in March.

    Will follow your tips carefully before attempting Telnet.

    Cheers,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete